It is flanked by the Atlantic and the Pacific oceans and contains the non-contiguous states of Hawaii, Alaska and some of the islands in the Caribbean Sea and the Pacific. It has a place of pride on the world map and is held in high esteem by people across the globe.
Interesting Facts about the United States
- Donald Trump became the 45th President of the United States, on January 20th, 2017. He is the oldest and the wealthiest person ever to assume presidency and the first one without any prior military or government service.
- He was preceded by Barack Obama, who served as the 44th President of the United States, from January 20, 2009 to January 20, 2017.
- The United States is a permanent member of the United Nations Security Council.
- The United Nations Headquarters are located in the New York City.
- English is the de facto national language of the United States.
- Apart from Christianity, Buddhism, Hinduism and Judaism prevail in the US. The United States is a multicultural and secular nation.