If there are any places in America known for farmlands and beautiful sceneries, Nebraska has to be one of them. The state of Nebraska is situated in the Midwestern region of the US on the Great Plains. The state capital is Lincoln, and Omaha is known to be the largest city. It is a beautiful state full of thick vegetation and farmlands, large water bodies, and snow capped mountains.
There is a lot to see in this state and it is known to have a very strong Indian heritage. Some of the most developed cities in Nebraska were under high influences of more than 15 different tribes of Indians. The rich cultural heritage and traditions are preserved in this state even today. If you think there is not much to do here, you are mistaken as there is lots of entertainment in Nebraska!
The Omaha city is the largest city in Nebraska and is situated on the Missouri River. It is one of the 'must see' cities. There are many exciting things to do here, which includes zoos, national parks, museums, water parks, golf clubs, malls, and markets. Here is a list.
- Henry Doorly Zoo
- The Durham Museum
- Omaha Children's Museum
- Lauritzen Gardens Omaha's Botanical Center
- The Amazing Pizza Machine
- Old Market
- Heartland of America Park
- Omaha Performing Arts
- General Crook House Museum
- El Museo Latino
- Johnny Goodman Golf Course
- Gene Leahy Mall
- CoCo Key Water Park
- Funny Bone Comedy Club
- Maplewood Lanes
- Chalco Hills Recreation Area
- St. Cecilia's Cathedral
- Standing Bear Lake
- Lee G. Simmons Conservation Park and Wildlife Safari
Lincoln is known as the second most populated cities in Nebraska. Before gaining the title of capital, it was known as the village of Lanchester, which is now called the 'Star City'. There are many fun things to do in Lincoln, Nebraska, when it comes to enjoyment.
- Pioneer Park and Nature Center
- Pla Mor Ballroom
- Nebraska State Capitol
- National Museum of Roller Skating
- Holmes Park & Lake
- Lincoln Convention and Visitors Bureau
- Haymarket Farmer's Market
- Governor's Mansion
Other Places of Entertainment
Apart from the two main tourist centers, the other cities also have a few well-known destinations to offer. These too are full of enjoyment and can be great vacation spots for individuals of all ages.
- Platte River, Grand Island
- James Arthur Vineyard, Raymond
- Ponderosa Ranch, Crawford
- Bryson's Airboat Tours, Fremont
- Hike-Bike Trail Bridge, Kearney
- Fort Niobrara National Wildlife Refuge, Valentine
- Strategic Air & Space Museum, Ashland
- World's Largest Ball of Stamps, Boys Town